Tuesday, June 13, 2017

MILMIDMUSMIN: David Wax Museum Guest House




Song: Guest House

Album: Guest House

Artist: David Wax Museum 

Favorite Moment: 

3:30 The vocals start repeating the plea "Can I just stay the night" The song is a a repeating variation on the same melody and this is when it feels like everything culminates. Every voice, every instrument, coming together. I can almost picture the band at my door step entering my house like a circus parade. 

Favorite Lyric:

This song is so magnificently crafted I feel like every line hits . But if I HAVE to pick   

You chose a certain path found, you were underdressed, 
found you were underdressed, you chose a certain path
now you fly first class and you have a house for guests 
you chose a certain path found you were under dressed

I did what made my heart sing I threw away the oars
I threw away the oars, I did what made my heart sing
now I need a place to crash please up your door
I just need a place to crash please open up your door. 


Ho man, I was really excited to share this one. Wanting to share this song was one of the things that gave me an idea to do these posts in the first place. Every once in a while you come across a song that you feel you already know. Even on the first listen, not because it's so simple or repetitive but because it resonates in your bones. 

I don't think I can say anything more other than
Please go check it out.
On you tube here
On Spotify Here



No comments:

Post a Comment